Strengthening the Pipeline from Service to STEM (2)
Time & Location
About The Event
Women veterans bring many strengths to the civilian workforce, such as leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills, as well as resilience and persistence. Education Development Center (EDC) has been funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to examine how to leverage the unique strengths of women veterans to address barriers to their (re) engagement in the STEM workforce by hosting a virtual convening on this topic. SAME was involved in planning the event.
We are inviting you to this virtual convening to help us identify and prioritize strategies to develop and leverage existing services and stimulate new ideas to provide more targeted outreach to engage, train, and retain women veterans in the STEM workforce.
The objectives of the convening are to:
· Provide an overview of the project, its goals, and the importance of engaging women veterans on the STEM Workforce.
· Build a common understanding of the landscape of assets and challenges faced by women veterans in the four focus areas.
· Make recommendations to address barriers to engaging women veterans in the STEM Workforce.
· Identify and prioritize opportunities to scale recommendations related to policies, practices, and funding needs for multiple key stakeholder audiences.
· Graciela Tiscareño-Sato, CEO, Gracefully Global Group
To register for this FREE event, go to: https://www.eventsquid.com/event.cfm?id=12086.